Steps to ensuring change happens:
- Admit that there are something’s that need to change
- Take responsibility for the role you’ve played in the current state of affairs.
- Take a proactive role in isolating those areas in your life that need to be surgically removed. (i.e; People in your life who are more of a liability than an asset, mindsets in your life that tear you down and prevent growth, substances that prevent physical and mental health, environments that are toxic, poisonous to your sanity.)
- Perform the surgery and remove those toxic, unhealthy elements.
How do you move into becoming the change you want to see? Great question.
1. You must be transformed by the renewing of your mind. All unhealthy habits, beliefs, and practices that you have been feed over the years whether by television, through conversations from well-meaning people, by way of learned behaviors must be analyzed through a sound base of reference. Bottom line if what you’ve been doing over these however many years has kept you in bondage you’re getting your advice from the wrong source. Change your source. Of course the correct source is the Operators manual the bible. In it you find answers to every life issue you will face. Remember it took you a while to get to the mental state you’re in so be patient with yourself, remain focused, consistent, and fight like your very life depends on it. Because in fact your very life may depend on it!
2. You must surround yourself with people who are positive, people who exemplify the change you want to see.
3. Apply the newly learned behaviors to your everyday life. You don’t want the behaviors to be forced or fake. The newly learned behaviors should emulate, reflect exactly who you’ve become.
4. Lead change by example. Don’t peach it and hide behind a rock, step out boldly and trust that God is in the midst of the change and will support your efforts to heal a broken situation. Remember this change is going to be drastic. We’ve been admonished to stand on this very principle of broken relationships. “If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and turn from their wicked ways (change) then will I hear from heaven then will I heal their land.”
5. Use all the weapons at your disposal to bring about change. (i.e; prayer, scripture, praise and worship, liturgical dance, fasting, silence.) Stand on these guiding principles – “if God be for you who can be against you? No weapon formed against you shall prosper. He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shelter of the Almighty, though one thousand may fall at your left hand and ten thousand at your right it (whatever “it” is) shall not come near you. The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want. God is a very present help in a time of trouble.”
If you follow these principles I am certain you will become the change you want to see!