So now what do you do if you are already married and you didn’t follow the above instructions? Do you still have to submit? Ready? Yes. Okay I get you have probably just cursed and have no desire to move on. But please don’t give up on me now. So many times in our lives we get ahead of God in many ways. We want to do things in our own time lines and of course we always think God needs our help. Then after we don’t wait on God, we ask God to bless our mess. That’s what took place on your wedding day, you asked God to bless your mess. God took you at your word, and blessed your mess. Now you are ready to bail. This was not what you bought in for. Yeah, it really is. You bought into the uncertainty because of your impatience. The good news is you still serve a God who wants you to be happy within your marriage.
Here are some steps to assist you in lining up with God’s expectations of you in your marriage:
· You need to first ask God’s forgiveness for getting ahead of Him. Then you need to forgive yourself for not waiting on God.
· You need to begin an earnest prayer vigil of praying for your husband. Pray that God will first save Him spiritually, if he is not already saved. Then you pray that God will give Him wisdom. You pray that he will yield to God’s prompting.
· If you have acted unseemingly to your husband, apologize to him and let him know you are committed to him and his leadership.
· Insert suggestions with love and a tempered voice. I must say it, don’t nag, brown beat, stomp, curse, or embarrass in front of your children, your family, or his friends. Don’t embarrass him in front of anyone.
· Focus your energies on allowing God to heal your heart, assuage your fears, and fix any area that needs fixing in order to bring about harmony in your home.
· Finally trust the process, trust God.
So see submitting isn’t a bad word. It supports the statement made on the wedding day, simply, do not enter into a marriage lightly, understand the requirements and don’t make a move until both of you not only say you’re in agreement but that you also have also witnessed these principles in action in your spouses to be.