There is a worldwide recall of those who claim to be ambassadors for Christ. Let’s take a look at the qualifications to be an ambassador to first see if you identify yourself as an ambassador and then from there we can see if you need to be recalled or if your service are still desired.
An ambassador is one who is commissioned by a higher authority, usually a government. They are required to take the stated focus and position of that higher authority and convey only that – their focus and position. It doesn’t matter what the ambassador thinks, he or she must only state the official position. Not only must they state the actual position they must conduct themselves in a manner that confirms their agreement with the stated position. If the ambassador defers from that position and doesn’t cease and desist from conveying mixed messages her or she is recalled.
The bible states that those of us who are new creations are in fact ambassadors for Christ. Let’s take a deeper look at the following scripture text: 2 Corinthians 5:14-21
· Since we believe that Christ died for all, we also believe that we have all died to our old life.
· Jesus died for everyone so that those who receive His new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them.
· We have stopped evaluating others from a human point of view. At one time we thought of Christ merely from a human point of view. How differently we know him now!
· This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!
· And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to Himself through Christ.
· God has given us this task of reconciling people to Him.
· For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And He gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.
· So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!”
· For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.
These are some foundational truths that ambassadors must believe and the message they must convey. There are some additional components to being the ambassador that have everything to do with your life style of living and having your being in Christ.
· You are supposed to be the salt of the earth. What does salt do? It preserves and it gives flavor. While hope is to be in Christ and Christ alone, if you’re walking around all wowsey wowsey me.. with no hope for your situation. If you’re not speaking life into your ownself, why in the world would anyone want your God? If you walk around defeated all the time – unhappy in your job, unhappy in your marriage, disgusted with your children, always complaining about your aches and pains, always complaining about your lack of finances – why in the world would anyone want the Jesus you walk around saying, “I’m blessed, blessed of the Lord. I’m blessed and highly favored.” If that’s the kind of blessings you get by your presentation then I don’t want it! And neither does the person looking in and frankly who could blame them.
· You are supposed to be the light of the world – leading those who don’t believe into His marvelous light.
· You are to have a faith that is based on belief and not physical sight – for what is faith if you can see it.
· You are to be the peacemaker for then you shall be called the child of God.
· While living on earth, you set your heart and mind on things above on how you can please Him.
· You stand with God and call evil evil and good good. You put on the newness of mindset and you live and have your being with the following attributes: Since God chose you to be the holy people He loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.
· Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.
· Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.
So as I began have you been recalled? Here’s the test:
· Do you impact your workplace in the positive?
· Do you impact your family positively?
· Do you impact your faith community to the positive?
· Do you impact your community to the positive?
· Do you impact strangers to the positive?
If the answer is no then I have news for you, you have already been recalled. The good news, unlike the ambassador for a government, you can be reinstated! All you have to do it recommit to the things pertaining to life and godliness and ensure that you speak the truth that will set people free and that is the word of God.
Calling all committed Ambassadors for Christ please report for duty the world needs you!!
Post a Comment